Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Week in Paradise

Family and Friends,

Oh man, what a crazy awesome week it has been! First off, my dear old Dad is 55 years young today and Kurtis is going to be 24 on Wednesday! แก่แลว!! Then I have a new cousin! :) Baby Garrett! I hope to see pictures soon! Congrats Amy and Mike! AND Joe is getting married tomorrow!! Congrats to the almost newlyweds! :) And Jeff is going to be 21 and coming home from his mission way soon!! I am just loving the way the Lord is blessing our family! Does it get better than this family? I don't think so... ;)

Today is also special because Sister Neilsen and I went to the biggest market in Thailand called JetTuuJak. It has over 6000 vendors from all over Thailand and everything is way way cheap. Plus if you can speak Thai you can get things even cheaper! :) It's so awesome. I got a famous expensive Chang Mai Purse that is usually around $20 (which doesn't sound expensive, but is compared to the other purses) for only $12. They are expensive because they are very intricately made and hand designed, so everyone is different. Then pretty much everything else I got was about $3... purses, sabai pants, thai silk scarves, thai sandals, thai silk neck ties (for the boys and my friends...) and lots of jewelry! It was fun to see all the tourists there shopping and know that they will never know Thailand the way we know it! :) I LOVE my life.

Well, the work is just thriving now! We had two more miracles this week with investigators coming to us, one brought her daughter to English class and is interested and the other just came to the office and said she wanted to start coming to our church! They will both be coming to church on Sunday and hopefully we can start teaching them next week. พี่ Sea and นอง Pim (พี่ is what you call someone older than you and นอง someone younger) are both progressing very well and we should be giving them baptismal dates soon! We haven't been able to teach พี่ Noi and her family since the first lesson, but they say they are still interested so hopefully that will work out! And then พี่ Aom and her kids are still learning with us, but don't seem very committed to being members. Aom just wants her kids to know about Jesus Christ. She is a very good mom and sweet girl. I hope they progress! พี่ Petra is ก๊ OK and then we have one more eternal investigator who is great as always!

Other cool things that happened this week... A man offered me a job! Haha, he was really nice. He is the director of some engineering firm and he gave us his card and said if we ever had any problems with engineering type problems to call him and he would help us. He said he needs people to speak English on the phone because his English is not that good. I said thanks, we'll see.... haha. I love Thailand, but don't want to live here my whole life! It was really cute though because he told us that he wanted us to have a good impression of his country and the people of Thailand. He was a very nice man. I invited him to English class, which he said he would come and then church, but he started talking to me about meditation and other Buddhist things, so I don't think he was interested. But that is ok. :) It was just nice to meet him.

Alrighty then! Until next week, I hope all is well with all of you, and as always, would LOVE to hear from you all!! :)

Love,
Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment