Sunday, January 31, 2010

AM NUAY CHOKE!

Well fam and friends, it really just doesn't get better than this... I am now on my 5th moves in country and I have a Thai companion! She is awesome. Her name is Sister Amnuaychoke! The best part about her is that she speaks fluent English also, so no awkward miscommunications because of language. We have already taught 2 amazing lessons and there is just such a profound difference having a khonthai (native Thai) teach because they can understand all of what she says. I just know the Lord has been preparing the area for the talents both of us bring to the table. We are dynamite!! This is going to be an awesome moves, I know it!

OK, so my week has been awesome. First we had the groundbreaking of our new Stake Center on Saturday which some of you have seen on Facebook thanks to Mink! (the name that starts P is her real name... we call her by her nickname Mink...) It was so good to see the church growing here. Then Monday we went to Loperi (about 2 hours north of Bangkok) and did switch offs with Sister Marks and Sister Webb. Sister Webb is doing so good. She had only been back in Thailand for 4 days after going home for 6 weeks because her sister died of cancer. (she died while Sister Webb was there- so it was to be expected) She said it has been hard at times to really be motivated to work, but said that there was no question about coming back. She is my hero. I loved Loperi, I would love to serve there. They have lots of monkeys there, and they are EVIL!! They tried to steal my stuff... But they are cute to look at...

Tuesday we came back early to go to dinner at President Smith's house to celebrate his birthday which was that day and Elder Perry (one of the APs) moving. (perks of serving in the area with the office! I love it!) Tuesday we also found out that Sister Nielsen was moving, so Wednesday we said goodbyes and packed. Mom you would have been so proud of me, I cleaned our whole apartment! :) So then Thursday was moves meeting and it was just so good to see all of my friends :) Especially Sister Hulme, my last companion. I love her so much!! She gave me some presents that people gave to me from Korat who I didn't get the chance to say goodbye too, so that was fun too! Sister Bradfield was sick, so I was sad I didn't get to see her because this is her last moves!! She dies on March 18th. And speaking of dieing missionaries.... I can't believe Jeff (my cousin) is coming home!! He just left... WOW! November is just around the corner guys...

So these first two days with Sister Amnuaychoke have just been awesome. The miracles are just pouring out!! haha. We taught the first lesson to the CUTEST family, a mom (Mai), a dad (Go) a 5 year old boy (marvin) and a a new born (martin). They call the 5 year old Vin and the new born TinTin. So cute. I HOPE they progress!! I just can't tell you how amazing the lessons are. There is no stress about not understanding something important and the message is delievered so clearly. I love it. I am so happy right now.

I love you all so much! Hope all is excellent at home, it's just amazing here.

Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment