Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feeling the LOVE

Family and Friends,

Thank you all for your prayers and love. I am really feeling loved by you all this week. It has been a pretty awesome week. We had interviews on Monday and then Zone Conference on Tuesday so that was a great boost of motivation. My mission president has a lot of faith in me and we mostly talked about my language and how I need to improve while I have a Thai companion for when I will train. I think about it a lot and to be honest it really stresses me out, because there are still a lot of times I don't understand questions and I still feel like my teaching is choppy. I rely a lot on Sister Amnuaychoke to correct my bad grammar. I'm not sure what I will do when everything is on me to lead the lesson and understand the needs of the investigator. President Smith says that the gift will come when I need it and I really trust him.

The new thing we are focusing on is getting new investigators. We are working really hard and already have some potentials! I'm excited to see them progress. As for our progressing investigators, Pim's baptism is postponed until March 14th so her dad can be there, which is a really big deal. AND we aren't sure yet, but he may even be able to be the one to baptize her! That would mean he would be much closer to be back into full activity. It was such a blessing on Sunday when he came to church and two of the people who spoke mentioned how happy they were to see him. I see the way their family is being so blessed, and all because of that one phone call!! Miracles! :)

I also had a really cool experience this week where I felt the Holy Ghost really confirm the Book of Mormon is true. It was a really special experience, one in which I know I will remember my whole life. I wrote the experience in my study journal and have it forever! Great advice from Lyndsay!

Well the time is short. But I am staying busy and working hard and having the time of my life!

Love you all! Love to hear from you soon!

Love,
Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment